Social Media Specialist
About Across The Pond
Across The Pond Student is an internationally established company in the Higher Education recruitment sector. Since 2004, we have achieved significant success and an enviable reputation among students and British universities alike. We annually send thousands of applications to our UK University partners from students in Norway, the USA, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.
The Social Media Specialist is a new position created for the Mexican market and will work as part of the Latin American team conformed by 8 staff members and that are led by the Latin American Manager. The position holder is expected to work closely with the Latin American Manager and the Lead Marketing Coordinator for developing and managing strategies for lead generation. It will also be responsible for developing social media campaigns in line with the annual objectives of the Latin American market.
Dates of Employment
This is a full-time position and the offer holder is expected to available for up to 40 hours per week for a fixed term.
• Develop, lead and execute social media strategies in line with the annual objectives of the market
• Daily monitoring and managing the social media accounts and raise the profile of the company through the development of relevant content
• Plan, monitor and forecast social media strategies and budget
• Investigate new social media trends and adjust them to the market
• Update content of social media and webpages as needed
• Liaise with external agencies for planning and execution of social media campaigns
• Work closely with Latin American Country Manager and Lead Marketing Coordinator to ensure a good generation of leads is achieved according to the different stages of the annual recruitment cycle
• Maintain confidentiality of clients & SATP information, complying with the UK Data Protection act
• Always treat SATP staff and customers with the highest levels of respect and care
• Project a positive and professional image of Across The Pond at all times
• Provide support to the team and country manager as required
• Occasionally attend events for promotion and to build awareness of the brand when needed.
We are seeking professionals with at least 3 years of working experience in a similar position, preferably within the education sector. Experience managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. The offer holder is expected to have excellent writing skills both in English and Spanish, be able to understand various generations including Millenials. Experience in web-based technology and familiar with planning and budgeting for social media are desired.
This is a home-based position, we expect an ability to work independently without direct supervision for long periods of time. Candidates must possess strong organizational and administrative skills and demonstrate they would be responsible and reliable team members. We’re looking for at least an Upper-Intermediate English language proficiency.
This position is home-based
All candidates must have access to a computer and a reliable internet connection.
Salary: $35,000 Mexican Pesos Monthly
Paid Holiday per Year: 28 days
Job Type: Full time
Application closing date: 26th of October, 2018
Candidates interested: Please send your CV with a Cover Letter in English highlighting your skills, abilities, experience and interests in this position to Minel Carbajal, Latin American Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates for interview must submit:
- Two professional reference letters with current daytime phone numbers to include current and past supervisors.
- Typing test showing ability to type 35 wpm.
For any questions on this position, please contact the hiring manager at:
Name: Minel Carbajal
Mobile Phone: +52-1-4141-8913